Thursday, 20 September 2012

 
Yesterday we had one of those moments that Sharon and I hoped for all those ago when we began to imagine what the Market would be. 
 
 
Along with creating a unique, inspiring space for the world to connect with the art created in sight of the Salish Sea, we wanted to create a community of artists that wanted to become part of something larger than they were individually.

Serendipitously, many artists came to see us at the same time yesterday, and it was the COOLEST thing to see four or five of them standing in a circle - exchanging with, and honouring each other.

At one point, one of our more experienced artists was coaching and encouraging a younger artist to stretch herself and become more of who she can be. Better still, the coaching and encouragement was welcomed with open arms. No competition. No egos. Just generosity and connection. At that moment, I had tears in my eyes - and I was grateful to watch it unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment